Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jesus-did you cut the cheese?

During the time that I should be falling asleep at night my brain actually goes into rambling mode. I can think of so many things in a matter of minutes...drives me crazy!
Last night was no exception. I was thinking about one of my favorite christian authors, Max Lucado and how he described Jesus in a book. He made Jesus more real to me in the man form.
Jesus sweat, he stunk, had morning breath, did bodily functions,Jesus had pimples, and even passed gas. Can you see Jesus and his disciples on a boat..."Alright...who cut the cheese?" " Hey Peter, whoever denies-supplies!"
Jesus was just like us. Weird to think about, isn't it? Almost feels like you are dishonoring God by saying Jesus had BO or morning breath, but it is true. Reality is he did all the things the human body does,including shed tears,felt pain and bled. It is easier to think about those things, isn't it? If you can picture Jesus smiling,crying,feeling pain and bleeding you believe in God in some way. If you feel offended when someone uses God's name in vain, feel  unworthy of the blood Jesus shed for you, the piercing pain He felt so you can be saved, then you probably are saved.

I hope so.

He will return and truthfully, I think that day is coming sooner then later. Do I think it is Dec 21,2012? No,but it could happen.  Do I think it will happen in my lifetime? I sure hope so. I'm kinda tired of this world. But as a friend recently said to me, we may be ready but there are others who aren't. God wants them to be saved and ready too. We are selfish to think "Come'on God,where are ya???" When others barely have whispered His name. Besides, who are we to tell God what to do?
For me, I don't read the bible like I should, am in the middle of finding another church,catch myself doing things every day that God probably is shaking His head saying...Haven't I talked to her about that before?? But I am a work in progress. Being a christian in no way,shape or form means you are perfect or that life is wonderful. Almost the opposite, you become fully aware of your sins and the tests you are given to make testimonies with can be harsh. But even tho I have bad habits, every day I strive to please Him. Every day I am in prayer and no I do not mean a hour a day or a long time commitment every day. I pray all day long,seconds or minutes at a time. I see a prayer request on Facebook-prayer done. I think of a friend who is having a hard time, prayer done, I think of church leadership-up another one goes. I think of an issue I have and I will toss a quick one up.

 God doesn't care how you to talk Him. He just wants you to talk to Him.

 I know Christians that I totally want to be where they are in their faith. One day I hope to be. I know Christians who know way in heck I wanna be like they are-buncha hypocrites. Work in progress is ok by me and ok by my God.
I hope you pray. I truly pray you are saved. Getting saved is one of the easiest things I did-in a movie theater that was used by our church back in 1998. Getting saved is one of the smartest things I ever did. Learning that Jesus smelled, passed gas,got hairy,had pimples just made Him all the better in my eyes. He knows what each of us endure in our lifetime from the smallest to the biggest moments.

Kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment